Job Description: Tax Expert
Start Date: Immediately
- Review individual and business tax returns
- Prepare complex tax returns
- Research complex tax issues
- Assist clients with tax-saving strategies
- Experience preparing individual and business tax returns, including multi-state returns
- Expert-level knowledge of both individual and business tax laws
- Excellent interpersonal skills with clients and other colleagues
- Committed to client relationships; goes above and beyond to ensure clients understand their tax return and takes the time to answer all questions in ways the client understands
- Team-builder; comfortable training and developing employees to ensure everyone is abreast of new and best practices
- Understands business development and the importance of producing strong work to encourage referrals
- Calm under pressure
- Understand industry time demands and the longer hours required during tax season and for special projects
- Innovative; looks for new ways to use technology, improve processes and finds ways to efficiently implement those processes
Required Education:Bachelor’s degree in Accounting Master’s degree not required, but a plus Must be CPA certified
Required Experience: Tax: 8-10 years minimum preferred with the majority in public accounting
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Instructions: Please email your resume to Lori Womack – firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate Tax Manager Candidate in the subject line.
*This position is filled for 2017. Please check back later for openings in 2018.*
Job Description: Tax Intern
Internship Timeline: Mid-February – April 17
Responsibilities: Preparing individual tax returns
- Working toward a BS in Accounting
- Must have completed at least one tax class prior to the internship
- Available to work Saturday’s beginning March 25 – April 17 deadline
- Self-motivated, work well independently as well as with a team and demonstrates the ability to learn new skills quickly
- Minimum of 25 hours per week with additional hours up to a maximum of 40 hours during peak season (March 25 – April 17)
- We can work on a flexible schedule as long as minimum work hours are met and the schedule is approved in advance.
Compensation: This is a paid position.
This position is filled for 2017. Please check back later for openings in 2018.